Sunday, January 18, 2009

Job loss and January blues

Hi everyone,

Well its just frigid outside right now, although today was what they are calling a warming trend, its reached 21 I believe. The last few days its been like 5 degrees and we are just chilled to the bone ~ Brrr...I am so tired of Winter already and its only January.

Thursday was my birthday, a memorable one at that. My husband lost his job that day. We were pretty shocked to say the least. Even when you know its a possibility its always in the back of your mind that it won't really happen to you. Well here we are....we have never been here before. Its a whole new world...

We don't know what to do first ...we have filed for unemployment, applied for health insurance for our kids, and basically don't know what to do next. We don't haven enough to make it even a month honestly with a paycheck...unemployment is $350 dollars a week for a family of five ~ We are stressed but also trusting in what we know and that is that somehow God is going to provide for us. Not that I expect that its not going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better but that he is going to bring us through this and make us better for it.

My mind is going a million directions right now and my concentration is just lacking. I can't think about it all at once or its overwhelming. The first night I went to bed in a haze, chanting to myself "When I am afraid I will trust in you", I know that even in my subconscious all night that kept me going, I also awoke that night about 4am and began searching for the verse that had popped into my head while asleep, "my God will supply all your needs according to his riches in glory!" God is providing already, I see that in many ways. First he has calmed my spirit at times when I didn't think he could. He has provided great awesome friends to call and check on us and let us know we are in their prayers, I can feel those prayers holding us up! He has given us our family that no matter what will stand by us through it all! He has provided in telling our children and for them to accept that even if we lose it all we still have each other, he has taken their fears and comforted them at this scary time. But most of all he is teaching us to let him provide and let him lead since we really can't control anything that happens at this time. We are faithful and we are blessed by more than stuff we are blessed by knowing that we have a hope that far exceeds anything earthly things! We have a hope and a future and its in his hands we wait ......

Our prayer requests currently are :

1~ a job for Marc that he enjoys and that pays the bills
2~ the ability to keep our home, and the utilities on.
3~ our children and ourselves to stay healthy during this down time with insurance or jobs.
4~ our spirits to stay encouraged and upbeat and not let Satan take control.
5~ for the so many others around us that are also unemployed and their families.

Until next time.....

No comments: