Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A New Year~ Means New Goals

Well its already the 6th day of January and I am just getting around to updating you all on life~ Its already been a busy year for us! I made lots of new goals (not resolutions, just goals), I of course added some things to our already full school schedule and am seeing how that works out in real life. (looks good on paper) I also have made some changes to the ways we spend our money~ more out of necessity than want but all the same its in the works. It can be very hard to budget when you have little to work with but we are trying to cut back and lean up this year!

Lets see our biggest adjustment of the year thus far is that our income was cut by 20%, as well as time spent at work, vacation time, personal days etc...With all that said we are still among the lucky to be employed in Michigan. If you have that perfect job for us somewhere please don't hesitate to call me or email though at any time! :) We are praying the Lord provides what we need when we need it this year as we have done for some time now. The times are shaky in this day and age, people around us are losing their homes and jobs and just downright nervous...its when we are at those points when God I believe is at his best! I picture him looking at us and saying ..."HELLO~ haven't I always provided for you? Would I stop now just because of the state of the economy? Aren't I bigger than all that "stuff"?"..... He wants us to find our perfect rest in his peace.

So we went back to school here at home. We homeschool if you haven't already heard that by now. Anyhow~ I have to really watch to make sure they are working and getting things done and not just telling me they finished things. We kind of fell into that trap when things got busy I took them at their word they had done what we had assigned after each lesson and found that not always was that really the case. I am much better now to correct immediately and not let time pass between those corrections. :) (MEAN MOTHER I AM) LOL :)

Caleb is back to preschool this week, Monday was back to our routine for him, although we didn't make it to Speech Therapy this week. Preschool is starting the alphabet now and letter sounds more aggressively then the beginning of the year. He loves school, did I mention that already? Loves the kids, and the teachers and just about everything they do! :) He is my social butterfly though~ I find this funny after too very quiet and reserved kids~ he is my one who can't seem to be alone (much like his mother). He has been a huge blessing to all of us, he keeps us all laughing at all times.

Tomorrow we head back to MAFA (our older two attend this on Wednesdays throughout the year), the boys are excited to get back to their friends there. Also we have orthodontic appts, dentists appts and preschool to get too! It will be a mother taxi day! Thankfully I don't start my classes till next week or else this Wednesday would be way too long!

As I type I am listening to my baby cry in the shower ....he hates it! I need to go to rescue him....or his father which ever needs more rescuing....

Until next time.....

No comments: