Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Mighty to save

After a painful evening of watching the polls come in, I truly felt defeated. I have wondered many times today how our great nation has come this far? How is it that we can see fit to the senseless killing of the unborn? How can we have elected a senator that is so far to the left in his thinking on every issue to the extent of removing the American flag from his aircraft? Who doesn't stand with his hand over his heart while we pledge allegiance to this great nation? How could we let a person like that run our nation, while he openly shows no love for it? It boggles my mind....

My poor Luke (my middle child) is devastated as well, or fearful you may say of his future (smart kid by the way). Even at 10 years old he realizes the consequences of our actions and how we will all have to live with that. I voted with my true heart resting on the person who held the most common ground with what I believed. No that person was not perfect and on some issues I would not agree but at least some of our values lined up, it was not so on the person who won this election. Will I respect his office, our new president? Yes I will, but that doesn't mean I will respect or agree with his actions while in that office. Will I pray for him daily, yes I will. No one in that office should go without prayer on any decision made that will effect our future and that of my children.

Zephaniah 3:17 spoke volumes to me today: The Lord your God is with you , he is mighty to save. He will take delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.

Can you imagine it with me? God quieting you with his love, like a child who is upset he strokes our hair and sings over us to calm our fears. I am so glad I serve a God who cares that deeply for me, do you serve him too? Isn't it great to know that our God is so much bigger than a public office! Bigger than our government! Bigger that any person in the white house no matter who they are! Our God can move mountains, this is just a not even a worry for him, if a 1000 days is like just a day to God what is four years ....call on his name and pray for this nation to be restored from what it has become, ask God for him to put obstacles in the way of evil and not to allow them. If just one person praying could stop God from destroying whole cities in the old testament imagine what all of our prayers could accomplish~

Thanks for listening and remember my GOD is MIGHTY TO SAVE this nation! Are you praying for it? You should be!

Until next time.....

No comments: