Friday, September 19, 2008

Jobs Jobs and No more jobs....

For those of you who know the Michigan economy you already know how bad it is...for those who do not....well it stinks, has for a quite a while now really but we are still hanging in there.

Yesterday at work Marc gets the "old polish up that old resume speech", what does that mean anyhow? I mean really why not just say really worry that you may not have a job soon! Isn't that awful! I mean what else can he do really? Polish? What does that mean, as if he can add some super great things there that ensure a new job in the waiting? UGH! The whole thing is just awful! Anyhow...so now I have a sick feeling in the pit of my gut, and I am sure my hubby's is worse! That wondering if today will be your last day? Will they give us any notice, will we get our vacation time that was built up at the very least? Will we get a severance package? All the endless questions whirling in my mind....with asthmatics will we go long without insurance, with Caleb's CP will he be able to get any therapy??? Oh the list is forever long in my mind...
Yes I know the Lord will provide for our every need and I need to just trust that but in my human heart I am still struggling, that nature of I can fix things is battling the one who holds the future in his hands....
I want to scream "its not fair!" But what good is that? Does it help? No!~ I am hanging on to the verses I just read the other day in my bible reading, Matthew 6:25-34.
Praying for good outcomes ~
Until next time

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have y'all given any consideration to moving? I don't know your whole situation, and I imagine that there's a lot of family around there. However, the work/job situation is better outside of the Detroit area. It's not 100% rosy everywhere, but you're in about the worst area to be, economically speaking, right now, so anywhere else would be an improvement.

Julie said...

Yes we are open to all possibilites actually~

All of my family is here and most of my hubby's but we would go where ever to keep food on the table for the kids....

Thanks