Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Life ....

Isn't life funny....how a little thing like a job can cause sooo much stress in one's life? Job Searching, First day job jitters, job politics, and then of course job loss....all of them are stresses that add to our everyday lives. I remember one first day on the job years ago, before marriage, kids, etc....it all started with a cold/sinus infection, I woke up all ready for my first day on the new job feeling awful. I knew how bad it would be to call in, not that I would have anyway...but instead I took the good ole sinus med out on the market at the time, SUDAFED. Well after arriving at work it went down hill incredibly fast...I was feeling so nauseous and light headed and started sweating profusely....it was really bad. I excused myself to use the restroom and didn't think I would make it back to my desk alive....literally! When I did, my new boss looked shaken after seeing me...what was wrong with this girl, she was thinking, she asked if I was alright and I told her just a head cold....HA! What was wrong with me, I was thinking to myself??? Needless to say I left work shortly after this conversation with my new not so impressed boss....she thought I know I was either on drugs or pregnant I am sure. I was neither, but I was never to take Sudafed or like products again...after leaving there I went straight to the doctor who said my blood pressure had plummeted so low on the cold meds that it was a wonder I could even stand up....what a first impression.
Well...that job lasted a long time for me after the first day! Thankfully the company was very gracious and all were very concerned about me, they even later attended my wedding. :)

So stress....my current job is teaching. I teach my children school. Can be very stressful but very rewarding at the same time. My hubby's job is stressful as well, mostly from wondering about this Michigan economy~he has seen so many layoffs of those around him now for so long its to the point where I dread if he calls early in the day or comes in not so late from work, thinking that he was let go...its an ever present threat here. Not a good stressor, from that stress in the past year he has ended up with anxiety issues, fear of taking vacation, staying later to do whatever they need, always putting work first ....its a rough road to haul! We have seen so many of our close friends leave the state in the past three years its ridiculous. We understand their leaving but the loss is still there....hard to see life long friends torn and tattered from the battle of a job!

So what to do ? I have been praying for peace a lot lately ....I know who is in control and trust him completely. I still fear for these uncertain times though mostly for my kids, what this would do for their sense of security. God is all knowing and already he has the outcome in his plan, we are not worthy of what we have currently and of what good he has for our future.
Thanks for listening to me ramble.....

P.S has anyone joined us in the New Testament Challenge yet? I would love to know...leave me a note!
Until next time....

No comments: