Sunday, September 14, 2008

New Testament Challenge

Here it is September already and our church is having a huge campaign for reading the New Testament through together in our growth groups (small groups, new name) and in the weekly services over the next 10 weeks. The slogan is something like "you say you believe it~ but have you read it?" So I ask you have you read through the New Testament? Have you read through your whole bible? What an accomplishment I believe that to be! Truthfully I have started reading many times with the intention of finishing it through the year and have well ....given up somewhere along the lines...
My mom challenged my two older boys (9&10) at the time to read through their entire bible this last January ....she offered to pay them $100 if they stuck to it and read through in a year times, she also provided them with the one year bible to follow. Not just my boys were challenged, all the grandchildren were, with the exception of two youngest then both 3 years old.
Well its been a long haul trying to keep up all summer with it, and while they have fallen behind a couple times, they are still plugging along with it and I KNOW they will finish it within the year. It is awesome for me to consider at such a young age they will have done something that so many adults can't say they have done! I am so proud of them!
Okay so back to Heritage Church and their challenge, are you up for it? You (all my readers) can also join this challenge~you don't have to attend the church to be a part (although you are welcome)...
Let me know if you decide to accept the challenge~the church is even providing a new testament and CD, as well as a study guide for you~ All free of charge.
Interested let me know!
Leave me a note on my blog here ....
Until next time~

1 comment:

Peanut Butter Kisses said...

I remember my mother challenging us to find the word 'love' in Psalms and that she would pay us a dollar for every one that we found. I didn't realize (perhaps it's the blond in me) at the time, that she was encouraging us to read each chapter.

I think that was a neat way to get her children inspired :-)